We are seeking a Business Rates Manager to join our professional team at our offices in London W1.
This is a diverse, flexible and challenging role, with a primary focus on overseeing rates payment matters on key client accounts, maintaining detailed spreadsheets and in the provision of accurate financial reports.
The primary activities will include extensive client liaison, case management and rate demand checking/payment verification, as well as regular contact with local authorities on billing issues, in making relief applications and ensuring refunds are received into client accounts.
In addition, the role will also involve the provision of general assistance to the rating surveyors and in overseeing elements of office administration.
In a wider context, we are seeking an individual who's interested in developing their existing rating knowledge and growing the rates payment team; we are keen to apply innovative thinking, data and systems in identifying rates mitigation opportunities and historic recovery angles, in collaboration with our professional team.
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially with Excel
- Strong academic background
- Experience in the non-domestic rating, within a professional services or local authority environment (ideally involving serviced/co-working offices)
- Ideally with, or working towards, an IRRV qualification
- Confident communicator, verbally and in writing
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good time management
- Professional attitude and approach to work
- Naturally organized
- Confidence to communicate professionally with clients, councils and colleagues
Full-time, 9am-5.30pm, Mon-Fri (although a Part-time role would be considered for the right candidate)
Salary: £30-40,000, dependent on experience.
Please use the email link below, or call on 020 7183 8242 for more information about the role.